OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training
In accordance with Federal OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e) regulations
"Having taken this course with other service providers before, I can say that the course provided by your company rates highly on content, clarity, and take-home learnings. This HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher training was a good recap for me!"
David McKenna, EHS Senior Manager
"This was my first course with HAZWPER-OSHA, and I am highly satisfied with the overall course content and the way it was presented. I found the use of videos and bullet points a good tactic for recollection when I took the quizzes and final exams."
Peter Nevil, Occupational Health and Safety Team Lead
"Having taken the 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor training course with HAZWOPER-OSHA I was equally satisfied with the course content and style of presentation of the Refresher training. I look forward to using their courses in the future."
Frank Gale, Emergency Preparedness Lead
OSHA HAZWOPER 8 Hour Supervisor Refresher Training course is designed for managers and supervisors seeking to refresh their initial OSHA 40 or 24 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training certification and the initial OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training certification in compliance with OSHA regulations 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(8) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(8).
This OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training provides information on a range of topics including toxicology, hazard classification, decontamination, personal protective equipment (PPE), and standard emergency response procedures.
OSHA regulations require that managers and supervisors who supervise or are directly responsible for employees at a hazardous waste site shall receive 8 hours of refresher training annually.
Please note: the initial OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Certification is a prerequisite for this course.
Some of the benefits of HAZWOPER OSHA Online Training
After you complete the required study time for the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training course, you will take the final exam. Upon passing, you will immediately receive an electronic certificate of course completion in your email inbox. Your plastic wallet card will arrive via U.S. mail within 2-3 weeks of passing the final exam, provided you upload a passport size picture.
- Our online support is available 24/7, 365-days a year.
- Our telephone support is available Monday to Saturday 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific time).
Please reach us via:
- Email: info@HAZWOPER-OSHA.com
- Toll-free: (866) 429-6742
- Local: (310) 498-0546
All our HAZWOPER training courses are regularly updated to incorporate any new changes to OSHA and HAZWOPER standards, as well as add other relevant, timely workplace scenarios. We strive to make the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training course interesting, engaging, and applicable to your work experiences while incorporating modern methods of teaching and new videos, graphics, and animations to provide an enjoyable user experience throughout your HAZWOPER training.
The OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training course is narrated by a professional voice talent. They bring a conversational, pleasant tone to the educational material, encouraging a more enjoyable training experience.
You can click here to view a demo.
The OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training course is delivered 100 percent online, ensuring learners have access to course content anywhere, anytime, from a computer or mobile device of their choice. All our training courses utilize HTML 5, making them compatible with popular browsers on mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets. If you have a fast internet connection and access to a standard web browser, you will be able to work on your OSHA HAZWOPER safety training course without interruptions.
Our cloud-based learning management system (LMS) tracks your progress, which means you can seamlessly switch between different devices during your HAZWOPER refresher training without losing any progress. This means you can stop training in the middle of a lesson on your iPad and resume your OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training on your iPhone without missing a step.
As our HAZWOPER training courses are self-paced, you can complete your OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training at your convenience, moving through training content as quickly or slowly as you like.
The core objective of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training is to meet OSHA’s HAZWOPER training requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(8) for the general industry and 29 CFR 1926.65(e) for the construction industry
According to 29 CFR 1910.120 (e)(8) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(8):
Employees specified in paragraph (e)(1) of this section, and managers and supervisors specified in paragraph (e)(4) of this section, shall receive eight hours of refresher training annually on the items specified in paragraph (e)(2) and/or (e)(4) of this section, any critique of incidents that have occurred in the past year that can serve as training examples of related work, and other relevant topics.
After completing the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training course, the learner will be able to:
- Fully understand OSHA regulations and requirements related to general site workers;
- Comprehend the basic principles of toxicology and how they are related to chemical exposure;
- Understand the site control strategy and various operations performed in each work zone;
- Summarize the principles of decontamination and the methods used for decontamination of personnel and equipment;
- Understand the importance of personal protective equipment (PPE), and identify and select the appropriate PPE for a particular worksite;
- Recognize the physical, biological, chemical, and environmental hazards present on a hazardous waste site;
- Recognize a hazardous waste site emergency and understand the appropriate response procedures; and
- Outline the monitoring and detection tools available to workers at a hazardous waste site.
This OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training course consists of 7 modules divided into a total of 33 lessons. Students must take each lesson listed below in sequential order.
- Module 1: Regulatory Overview –This module will provide learners with information on OSHA standards 29 CFR 1910.120 and 29 CFR 1926.65(e), HAZWOPER training requirements, the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS), the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), the importance of safety data sheets (SDSs), medical surveillance programs for workers, the features of a site-wide medical treatment plan, and the recordkeeping requirements for employee medical records.
- Lesson 1: OSHA and the HAZWOPER Standard
- Lesson 2: Hazard Communication
- Lesson 3: Medical Surveillance Program
- Module 2: Toxicology –This module will focus on Toxicology and provide information related to toxicology. Lessons will also provide information on common toxic and chemical substances, the primary methods of chemical exposure, target organ poisons, and chemical exposure routes.
- Lesson 4: Introduction to Toxicology
- Lesson 5: Chemicals and Target Organ Toxicity
- Lesson 6: Factors Influencing Toxicology
- Module 3: Hazard Classification –This third module examines the physical and chemical properties of hazardous materials and hazardous waste, the steps to complete a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), the dangers of a fire and its impact on oxygen deficiency, biological and radiological hazards, and bloodborne pathogens.
- Lesson 7: Job Hazard Analysis
- Lesson 8: Physical and Chemical Properties
- Lesson 9: Fire and Oxygen Deficiency
- Lesson 10: Physical Hazards
- Lesson 11: Other Hazards
- Lesson 12: Bloodborne Pathogens
- Lesson 13: Introduction to Radiological Hazards
- Module 4: Personal Protective Equipment –This fourth module delivers an overview of personal protection equipment (PPE), including the various types of PPE available to Hazmat employees, respiratory protection programs, common respirators used at a hazardous waste worksite and their benefits, and the different levels of chemical protective clothing (CPC) available for use by employees working with hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
- Lesson 14: Introduction to Respiratory Protection
- Lesson 15: Types of Respirators
- Lesson 16: Introduction to PPE Instruments
- Lesson 17: Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC)
- Lesson 18: PPE for the Head, Eyes, Face, and Ears
- Lesson 19: PPE for the Hands and Feet
- Module 5: HAZWOPER Site Operations –This module provides pertinent information about site control plans, the three hazardous work zones found on a hazardous waste site, the importance of atmospheric monitoring and air monitoring, the need to use direct reading instruments and ensure calibration, and the key elements of a confined space program.
- Lesson 20: Site Control Strategy
- Lesson 21: Site Work Zones
- Lesson 22: Introduction to Air Monitoring
- Lesson 23: Direct Reading Instruments
- Lesson 24: Toxic Atmosphere Monitoring
- Lesson 25: Confined Spaces Program
- Module 6: Material Sampling and Analysis –This module examines material sampling activities at a hazardous waste site, including field and environmental sampling plans, and summarizes the importance of safely handling hazardous materials and hazardous waste drums ready for transportation.
- Lesson 26: Field Sampling Plan
- Lesson 27: Environmental Sampling
- Lesson 28: Introduction to Drum Handling
- Lesson 29: Spill Containment Program
- Module 7: Emergency Response Procedures –This module describes the topics of decontamination, including the importance of establishing personal decontamination stations (PDS), factors that affect chemical permeation, the required steps in a multi-step decontamination line, and the order in which medical attention and decontamination should be performed in various emergency situations.
- Lesson 30: Introduction to Decontamination
- Lesson 31: Decontamination Facility Design
- Lesson 32: Decontamination Methods
- Lesson 33: Site Emergencies
The OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training course is designed by OSHA Certified Outreach Trainers and is updated and reviewed as soon as new requirements or regulations are issued by OSHA, the EPA, and the DOT. The HAZWOPER Refresher course meets and exceeds the compliance requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e) regulations.
HAZWOPER Training Certification
When learners pass the final examination for the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training course, they will be able to immediately download, save, or print their Course Completion Certificate in PDF format. This course completion certificate is also emailed to them. A plastic wallet card of this OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training course will arrive via U.S. mail within 2-3 weeks after you upload a passport size photograph.
The initial OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training certification is a prerequisite for this training course.
A Final Note
It is important to remember that learners are taking the online version of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training required by OSHA for managers and supervisors who oversee workers engaged in work operations at hazardous waste sites.
It is ultimately the responsibility of the employer to provide adequate training to their employees depending on their job type and experience and to meet OSHA requirements in the process.
As an employer, do you want to train your employees as a team? Do your employees want to learn from a qualified instructor?
HAZWOPER OSHA offers customized group instructor-led training (ILT). We facilitate virtual training for groups of all sizes, led by OSHA-authorized trainers who guide individuals through the key topics of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e) and OSHA 29 CFR 1926.65(e) regulations.
We can customize this OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training course with your workplace-specific requirements so you can quickly and easily meet your workplace safety and health training goals.
Rates for the ILT course depends on the number of participants and changes required (if any) to the course content.
- Course(s) of your choice,
- Preferred date for scheduling the training, and
- Number of employees expected to be trained.
To learn more about group instructor-led training, click here.
We will get you a quote within 24 Hours!
In-Person Group Training
- Course(s) of your choice,
- Preferred date(s) for the training,
- Location for the training, and
- Number of expected participants.
For more information about in-person on-site safety training, click here.
We will get you a quote within 24 Hours!
‘Large corporations often operate and manage in-house learning management systems (LMS).’
We understand this statement and are ready to support employers in fulfilling their safety training goals by providing you with SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004 compatible safety training course files.
If you are in search of SCORM compliant safety training courses developed in compliance with OSHA, HAZWOPER, NFPA 70E, DOT Hazmat, and RCRA safety regulations, then you are at the right place!
As experts in the field of safety training, we at HAZWOPER OSHA Training are aware of the various methods employers use to train their employees. Therefore, we are prepared to develop customized SCORM packages to suit your organization’s safety training needs. As such, we can convert this online OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training course into a SCORM package to enable you to train your employees using your company’s LMS, making training accessible and hassle-free.
To learn more about SCORM Packages, click here.
This course is designed for managers and supervisors seeking to refresh their initial OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training Certification in compliance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(8) and OSHA 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(8) regulations.
In general, OSHA would expect a general hazardous waste site worker who is becoming a supervisor or manager to receive at least 16 hours of training the year they become a supervisor: 8 hours of supervisory training in addition to 8 hours of employee refresher training.
Additionally, managers and supervisors shall receive 8 hours of refresher training annually to maintain their initial certifications.
OSHA allows for employees to take the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training after the previous training certificate has lapsed. The employee should take the next available refresher training course. The reason for the delay in training and when the training will be completed should be recorded in the employee's file.
There may, however, be instances when a lapsed certificate may require an employee to re-take the initial OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training course. The need for this must be determined on a case-by-case basis by the employer.
When you’ve successfully completed your final examination of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Refresher Training course, you will immediately be able to download and print your course completion certificate in PDF format.
To receive a plastic wallet ID card, upload a passport-style and size photograph to your HAZWOPER OSHA Training account. Alternatively, email the photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive the plastic wallet card via U.S. mail within 2-3 weeks of passing the final exam.