OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training
In accordance with Federal OSHA Regulations 29 CFR 1910.120(e) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)
"This course gave me good insight on how to make sure my team was kept safe by using tried and tested OSHA regulations. The course itself was clear, and I was able to easily understand what was being explained."
Giles Davis, Operations Manager
"This is one of the best HAZWOPER online trainings I’ve followed. I’m really happy that I found HAZWOPER-OSHA. The course was focused, informative and well presented."
Susan Goodman, Factory Floor Manager
"The animations were very interesting, and I was able to remember more information thanks to them. I plan to take the refresher course from HAZWOPER-OSHA next year as well."
Cal Stevens, Site Supervisor
"This course was very good. I was able to easily understand the content because of the presentation style."
Toni de Mel, Manager - Employee Health & Safety
- Learning Objectives
- Accreditation & Requirements
- Group Training
- SCORM Package
OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training course is designed for managers and supervisors seeking Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certification for work in compliance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(4) and OSHA 29 1926.65(e)(4) regulations.
OSHA regulations require that managers and supervisors who supervise or are directly responsible for employees at a hazardous waste site must complete at least 8 hours of specialized training, in addition to the initial OSHA 40 or 24 Hour HAZWOPER Training Certification.
HAZWOPER managers and supervisors can maintain their initial OSHA 40 or 24 Hour HAZWOPER Training Certification and the initial HAZWOPER Supervisor Certification by completing 8 hours of refresher training annually.
Please note: The initial OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training is a one-time requirement for managers and supervisors.
Guaranteed Price Match - Plus $10 Off!
If you find a better price for this course, we will match that price plus take $10 off. Our course is the best on the web, and the best value too. To redeem this offer create an account, then contact us on 1-866-429-6742.
Some of the benefits of HAZWOPER OSHA Online Training
After you complete the required study time for the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training course, you will take the final exam. Upon passing, you will immediately receive an electronic certificate of course completion in your email inbox. Your plastic wallet card will arrive via U.S. mail within 2-3 weeks of passing the final exam, provided you upload a passport size picture.
- Our online support is available 24/7, 365-days a year.
- Our telephone support is available Monday to Saturday 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific time).
Please reach us via:
- Email: info@HAZWOPER-OSHA.com
- Toll-free: (866) 429-6742
- Local: (310) 498-0546
All our HAZWOPER training courses are regularly updated to incorporate any new changes to OSHA and HAZWOPER standards, as well as add other relevant, timely workplace scenarios. We strive to make the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor course interesting, engaging, and applicable to your work experiences while incorporating modern methods of teaching and new videos, graphics, and animations to provide an enjoyable user experience throughout your HAZWOPER training.
The OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor course is narrated by a professional voice talent. They bring a conversational, pleasant tone to the educational material, encouraging a more enjoyable training experience.
You can click here to view a demo.
The OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor course is delivered 100 percent online, ensuring learners have access to course content anywhere, anytime, from a computer or mobile device of their choice. All our training courses utilize HTML 5, making them compatible with popular browsers on mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets. If you have a fast internet connection and access to a standard web browser, you will be able to work on your OSHA HAZWOPER safety training course without interruptions.
Our cloud-based learning management system (LMS) tracks your progress, which means you can seamlessly switch between different devices during your OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training without losing any progress. This means you can stop training in the middle of a lesson on your iPad and resume your OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training on your iPhone without missing a step.
As our HAZWOPER training courses are self-paced, you can complete your OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training at your convenience, moving through training content as quickly or slowly as you like.
The core objective of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Online Training is to meet OSHA’s HAZWOPER training requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(4) for the general industry and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(4) for the construction industry.
According to 29 CFR 1910.120 (e)(4) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(4):
On-site management and supervisors directly responsible for, or who supervise employees engaged in, hazardous waste operations shall receive 40 hours initial training, and three days of supervised field experience (the training may be reduced to 24 hours and one day if the only area of their responsibility is employees covered by paragraphs (e)(3)(ii) and (e)(3)(iii)) and at least eight additional hours of specialized training at the time of job assignment on such topics as, but not limited to, the employer's safety and health program and the associated employee training program, personal protective equipment program, spill containment program, and health hazard monitoring procedure and techniques.
After course completion the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the various environmental laws applicable to hazardous waste site workers;
- Explain how the supervisor training fits into the HAZWOPER training and refresher sequence;
- Summarize the concept of management leadership and the responsibilities of supervisors;
- Discuss the elements of a comprehensive Safety and Health Program;
- Define industrial hygiene and the four core activities that form the basis of this field of study;
- Summarize the fundamentals of a PPE Program and the criteria for selection of appropriate PPE related to a particular worksite;
- Discuss the significance of a Heat Illness Prevention Plan and the vital components of this program; and
- Explain the importance of a Spill Containment Program in managing a hazardous material spill.
This OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training course consists of 4 modules divided into a total of 22 lessons. Students must take each lesson listed below in sequential order.
- Module 1: Regulatory Overview–This module will provide a brief overview of all relevant legislation by the EPA and OSHA that governs employers and employers who work in hazardous waste operations, explain the responsibilities of supervisors and the training required for HAZWOPER managers and supervisors, elaborate on the role of supervisors in keeping workers safe and ensuring workplaces are compliant with all applicable regulations, and summarize the pertinent details of the Safety and Health Program and the Medical Surveillance Program.
- Lesson 1: Hazardous Waste Legislation
- Lesson 2: HAZWOPER Supervisors and Managers
- Lesson 3: The Regulatory Process
- Lesson 4: Safety and Health Program
- Lesson 5: Medical Surveillance Program
- Lesson 6: Fundamentals of a Training Program
- Module 2: Personal Protective Equipment–This module will focus on an overview of personal protection equipment (PPE), including the essential elements that need to be included in a PPE program, the importance of respiratory protection and a respiratory protection program for hazardous waste worksites, common respirators used at a hazardous waste worksite and their benefits, the different levels of chemical protective clothing (CPC) available for use by hazmat employees, and the various types of PPE available to Hazmat employees for the protection of the different body parts.
- Lesson 7: Fundamentals of the PPE Program
- Lesson 8: Respiratory Protection
- Lesson 9: Chemical Protective Clothing
- Lesson 10: PPE for the Head, Eyes, Face, and Ears
- Lesson 11: PPE for the Hands and Feet
- Module 3:Hazard Recognition and Emergency Procedures–This module explains the importance of hazard analysis and how to prioritize jobs for hazard analysis and perform the investigations; details the role of industrial hygienists, and how they support workplace safety; explains the importance of understanding worker exposure to toxins and chemical; examines how heat illness can be prevented; and summarizes site emergency procedures, the confined space program, and the spill containment program.
- Lesson 12: Hazard Analysis Framework
- Lesson 13: Industrial Hygiene
- Lesson 14: Exposure Assessment Strategy
- Lesson 15: Heat Illness Prevention
- Lesson 16: Confined Spaces Program
- Lesson 17: Site Emergencies
- Lesson 18: Spill Containment Program
- Module 4: Leadership and Supervision–This final module discusses OSHA’s recommendations for establishing a basic level of management leadership in the workplace and why these program elements are important for matters of health and safety, provides an overview of the elements of a drug free workplace program and stress management program, and how to protect lone workers.
- Lesson 19: Investing in Workplace Safety and Health
- Lesson 20: Drug Free Workplace Program
- Lesson 21: Stress Management Program
- Lesson 22: Lone Worker Safety
This course is designed by OSHA Certified Outreach Trainers and is updated and reviewed as soon as new requirements or regulations are issued by OSHA. The course meets and exceeds the compliance requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e) regulations.
Once the course is completed, you will immediately be able to download, save, or print your Course Completion Certificate in PDF format. A plastic wallet card will arrive in the U.S. mail within 2-3 weeks provided you upload a passport size picture.
The initial OSHA 24 or 40 Hour HAZWOPER training certification is a prerequisite for this training course.
A FINAL NOTE
It is important to remember that you are taking the online version of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training required by OSHA for managers and supervisors who oversee workers engaged in work operations at hazardous waste sites. The hands-on training and field experience required by the HAZWOPER Standard are not a part of this course.
It is ultimately the responsibility of the employer to provide adequate training to its employees depending on their job type and experience; and to meet OSHA requirements in the process.
As an employer, do you want to train your employees as a team? Do your employees want to learn from a qualified instructor?
We at HAZWOPER OSHA are experienced in offering customized group instructor-led training (ILT). We have successfully facilitated virtual training for larger groups with OSHA-authorized trainers who guide individuals through the key topics of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e) and OSHA 29 CFR 1926.65(e) regulations. Our instructor-led safety training courses are on-topic and reiterate the importance of safety and health in the workplace.
As we aim to assist employers in their endeavor to safeguard their employees’ health and safety while at the workplace, we are happy to offer the opportunity to customize this OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training course with your workplace-specific requirements to enable you to fulfill your workplace safety and health objectives.
Rates for the ILT course depends on the number of participants and changes required (if any) to the course content.
Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (1-866-429-6742) us with the:
- Course(s) of your choice,
- Preferred date for scheduling the training, and
- Number of employees expected to be trained.
To learn more about group instructor-led training, click here.
We will get you a quote within 24 Hours!
In-Person Group Training
- Course(s) of your choice,
- Preferred date(s) for the training,
- Location for the training, and
- Number of expected participants.
For more information about in-person on-site safety training, click here.
We will get you a quote within 24 Hours!
‘Large corporations often operate and manage in-house learning management systems (LMS).’
We understand this statement and are ready to support employers in fulfilling their safety training goals by providing you with SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004 compatible safety training course files.
If you are in search of SCORM compliant safety training courses developed in compliance with OSHA, HAZWOPER, NFPA 70E, DOT Hazmat, and RCRA safety regulations, then you are at the right place!
As experts in the field of safety training, we at HAZWOPER OSHA Training are aware of the various methods employers use to train their employees. Therefore, we are prepared to develop customized SCORM packages to suit your organization’s safety training needs. As such, we can convert this online OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training course into a SCORM package to enable you to train your employees using your company’s LMS, making training accessible and hassle-free.
For information on rates, email (email@example.com) or call (1-866-429-6742) us, and we will get you a quote within 24 Hours!
To learn more about SCORM Packages, click here.