OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training – 29 CFR 1910.120 (e)
In accordance with Federal OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e) regulations
“8 hours flew by quick, a good refresher course – had few questions and instructor reached out to me via email and a follow up phone call.”
Tyson Keegan, Manufacturing Team Member
“Finally, a legit company who cares about customers! Support team was welcoming and connected me with an experienced instructor.”
Sergio Gregory, Director of Safety Training
“Knowledgeable instructors, Affordable pricing, overall went smoothly”
Brian Derrick, Field Officer
“It's a great course – helped me refresh my knowledge of critical hazardous material. It was easy to take it online at my own pace. I recommend.”
Frank Lorenzo, Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist
"Material was explained well, and videos helped. Questions were mostly multiple choice - and I passed it on first attempt!"
Nathaniel Steven, Supply Chain Manager
OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course is designed for individuals seeking Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certification in compliance with OSHA regulations 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(8) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(8).
This OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course is suitable for workers who need to refresh their current OSHA 24 or 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification. As per OSHA regulations, workers need to refresh their HAZWOPER certification every 12 months to ensure they stay up-to-date and educated on safety practices related to hazardous waste and hazardous materials operations.
The OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training provides information on topics that are familiar from the initial OSHA 24 or 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training, including decontamination, personal protective equipment (PPE), and standard emergency response procedures required for work at a hazardous waste site.
Some of the benefits of HAZWOPER OSHA Online Training
After you complete the required study time for the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course, you are eligible to take the final exam. Upon passing, you will receive an electronic certificate of completion in your email inbox immediately. Your plastic wallet card will arrive via U.S. mail within 2-3 weeks of passing the final exam, provided you upload a passport size picture.
- Our online support is available 24/7, 365-days a year.
- Our telephone support is available Monday to Saturday 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific time).
Please reach us via:
- Email: info@HAZWOPER-OSHA.com
- Toll-free: (866) 429-6742
- Local: (310) 498-0546
All of our HAZWOPER training courses are regularly updated to incorporate any new changes to OSHA and HAZWOPER standards, as well as add other relevant, timely workplace scenarios. We strive to make the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course interesting, engaging, and applicable to your workplace experiences.
In addition to updating our content, we also incorporate new videos, graphics, and animations to provide an enjoyable user experience throughout your HAZWOPER training.
The OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course is narrated by a professional voice talent. These men and women bring a conversational, pleasant tone to the educational material, encouraging a more enjoyable training experience.
You can click here to view a demo.
The OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course is delivered 100% online, so you can access your learning content anywhere, anytime, from a computer or mobile device of your choice. All of our training courses utilize HTML 5, which makes them compatible with standard browsers on mobile devices. As long as you have a fast internet connection and access to a standard web browser, you will be able to work on your OSHA HAZWOPER course.
We know it’s important for learners to have flexibility. That’s why we make it easy to complete your OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course online, on your schedule. Our Learning Management System (LMS) tracks your progress as you go, which means you can seamlessly switch between different devices in the course of your HAZWOPER training without losing any progress.
The primary objective of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course is to meet OSHA requirements for the annual refresher training as outlined in 29 CFR 1910.120 (e)(8) for the general industry and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(8) for the construction industry.
According to 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(8) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(8):
“Employees specified in paragraph (e)(1) of this section, and managers and supervisors specified in paragraph (e)(4) of this section, shall receive eight hours of refresher training annually on the items specified in paragraph (e)(2) and/or (e)(4) of this section, any critique of incidents that have occurred in the past year that can serve as training examples of related work, and other relevant topics.”
By the end of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand OSHA regulations and requirements related to general site workers employed at a hazardous waste site;
- Recall the site safety and health procedures used in the workplace;
- Identify potentially dangerous situations involving common physical and chemical hazards;
- Understand basic toxicology principles and how they relate to chemical exposure;
- Explain the principles of decontamination, levels of decontamination, and multiple decontamination methods used on a hazardous waste site;
- Discuss the site control strategies and the activities performed in each hazardous work zone;
- Understand when personal protective equipment (PPE) is required and how to identify and select the correct PPE related to a particular worksite;
- Understand the factors that must be considered during an emergency situation, including training and actions required to protect workers and the surrounding community; and
- Recognize the detection and monitoring tools available to workers on a hazardous waste site.
This OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course consists of 7 modules divided into a total of 33 lessons. Students must take each lesson listed below in sequential order.
- Module 1: Regulatory Overview- The first module of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training covers the OSHA 1910.120 and 29 CFR 1926.65(e) regulations, HAZWOPER training requirements, the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS), the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), and the importance of Safety Data Sheets (SDSs). The module also provides information related to the case for developing worker medical surveillance programs, the various features of a site-wide medical treatment plan, and the recordkeeping requirements that employers must comply with as per OSHA guidelines.
- Lesson 1: OSHA and the HAZWOPER Standard
- Lesson 2: Hazard Communication
- Lesson 3: Medical Surveillance Program
- Module 2: Toxicology- The second module of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training focuses on Toxicology and covers common toxic and chemical substances, the primary methods of chemical exposure, target organ poisons, and chemical exposure routes.
- Lesson 4: Introduction to Toxicology
- Lesson 5: Chemicals and Target Organ Toxicity
- Lesson 6: Factors Influencing Toxicology
- Module 3: Hazard Classification- The third module of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training examines physical and chemical properties of hazardous materials and hazardous waste, the steps to complete a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), biological and radiological hazards, and bloodborne pathogens.
- Lesson 7: Job Hazard Analysis
- Lesson 8: Physical and Chemical Properties
- Lesson 9: Fire and Oxygen Deficiency
- Lesson 10: Physical Hazards
- Lesson 11: Other Hazards
- Lesson 12: Bloodborne Pathogens
- Lesson 13: Introduction to Radiological Hazards
- Module 4: Personal Protective Equipment- The fourth module of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training provides an overview of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), including types of PPE, respiratory protection programs, common respirators used at a worksite and their benefits, and the different levels of Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC) available for use by hazmat employees.
- Lesson 14: Introduction to Respiratory Protection
- Lesson 15: Types of Respirators
- Lesson 16: Introduction to PPE
- Lesson 17: Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC)
- Lesson 18: PPE for the Head, Eyes, Face, and Ears
- Lesson 19: PPE for the Hands and Feet
- Module 5: HAZWOPER Site Operations- The fifth module of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training covers site control, the three hazardous work zones found on a hazardous waste site, atmospheric monitoring and air monitoring, direct reading instruments and their calibration, and procedures and safety strategies to adopt when working in confined spaces.
- Lesson 20: Site Control Strategy
- Lesson 21: Site Work Zones
- Lesson 22: Introduction to Air Monitoring
- Lesson 23: Direct Reading Instruments
- Lesson 24: Toxic Atmosphere Monitoring
- Lesson 25: Confined Spaces Program
- Module 6: Material Sampling and Analysis- The sixth module of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training examines material sampling on a hazardous waste site, including field and environmental sampling plans, and gives an overview of drum handling procedures when drums are prepared for transportation.
- Lesson 26: Field Sampling Plan
- Lesson 27: Environmental Sampling
- Lesson 28: Introduction to Handling Drums
- Lesson 29: Spill Containment Program
- Module 7: Emergency Response Procedures- The seventh module of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course focuses on topics of decontamination, including the importance of establishing personal decontamination stations (PDS), factors that affect chemical permeation, the required steps in a multi-step decontamination line, and the order in which medical attention and decontamination should be performed in various emergency situations.
- Lesson 30: Introduction to Decontamination
- Lesson 31: Decontamination Facility Design
- Lesson 32: Decontamination Methods
- Lesson 33: Site Emergencies
The OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course has been designed by OSHA-certified Outreach Trainers. Furthermore, new requirements of regulations released by OSHA get integrated into the course as soon as possible to make sure learners receive the most up-to-date OSHA HAZWOPER training experience. Learners can be confident that course materials in the HAZWOPER Refresher course meets or exceeds compliance requirements as set forth in the OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e) regulations.
HAZWOPER Training Certification
When learners complete the final examination for the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training, they can immediately download and print their course completion certificate. This will be sent via email immediately after the final exam is passed. A plastic wallet card of the HAZWOPER Refresher Training course will arrive via U.S. mail within 2-3 weeks after you upload a passport size photograph.
OSHA requirements state that workers must complete an annual OSHA 8 Hour Refresher Training after the initial OSHA 24 or 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training in order to maintain their initial certification and to remain updated on any regulatory changes.
A Final Note
As a reminder, our OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course is an online training that meets OSHA requirements for general site workers engaged in hazardous waste activities. However, it is ultimately the employer’s responsibility to ensure workers are sufficiently trained for job duties involving hazardous substances. To this end, employers may need to provide additional site-specific training depending on employees’ job type and experience.
As an employer, do you want to train your employees as a team? Do your employees want to learn from a qualified instructor?
HAZWOPER OSHA offers customized group instructor-led training (ILT). We facilitate virtual training for groups of all sizes, led by OSHA-authorized trainers who guide individuals through the key topics of the OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training according to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e) and OSHA 29 CFR 1926.65(e) regulations.
We can customize this OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course with your workplace-specific requirements so you can quickly and easily meet your workplace safety and health training goals.
Rates for the ILT OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course are dependent on the number of participants and changes required (if any) to the course content.
- Course(s) of your choice,
- Preferred date for the training, and
- Number of employees expected to attend.
We will get you a quote within 24 Hours!
To learn more about group instructor-led training, click here.
‘Large corporations often operate and manage in-house learning management systems (LMS).’
We understand this statement and are ready to support employers in fulfilling their safety training goals by providing you with SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004 compatible safety training course files.
If you are in search of SCORM compliant safety training courses developed in compliance with OSHA, HAZWOPER, NFPA 70E, DOT Hazmat, and RCRA safety regulations, then you are at the right place!
As experts in the field of safety training, we at HAZWOPER OSHA Training are aware of the various methods employers use to train their employees. Therefore, we are prepared to develop customized SCORM packages to suit your organization’s safety training needs. As such, we can convert this online OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training course into a SCORM package to enable you to train your employees using your company’s LMS, making training accessible and hassle-free.
To learn more about SCORM Packages, click here.
To receive a plastic wallet ID card, upload a passport style and size photograph to your HAZWOPER OSHA Training account. Alternatively, email the photograph to email@example.com. You will receive your plastic wallet card via U.S. mail within 2-3 weeks of final exam completion.