OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training
In accordance with Federal OSHA Regulations 29 CFR 1910.1030
“Course explained well bloodborne pathogens, and explained well topics like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, malaria, and other pathogens.”
Iker Jaime, Director of Environmental Health and Safety
“Visuals and animations are helpful in this course - to help protect against exposure to harmful bloodborne pathogens”
Landyn Matteo, Site Safety and Health Officer
“The system is quick and easy to create reports of online training by students or courses.”
Emerson Phoenix, Construction Superintendent
“Explains well what to do in the event that exposure to bloodborne pathogens occurs”
Jalen August, Mgr, Safety-II
“Instructor Scott is knowledgeable – and was willing to answer my questions on time.”
Payton Rocco, Construction Crew Member
- Learning Objectives
- Accreditation & Requirements
- Group Training
- SCORM Package
OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training course is designed to provide a basic understanding of OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030), its scope, bloodborne diseases, their modes of transmission and prevention, and other pertinent information.
Bloodborne pathogens are infectious microorganisms in human blood that can cause disease in humans. These pathogens are transmitted from one infected individual to another through blood and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM). These pathogens include (but are not limited to) hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV), and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
OSHA’s bloodborne pathogens standard prescribes guidelines and safeguards to protect workers who are exposed to health hazards related to bloodborne pathogens. Furthermore, the Needlestick Safety and Prevention Act of 2000 modified OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogens standard by requiring employers to identify, evaluate, and implement safer medical devices, such as needleless systems and sharps with engineered sharps protections. The Act also mandated additional requirements for maintaining a sharps injury log and for the involvement of non-managerial healthcare workers in identifying, evaluating, and choosing effective engineering and work practice controls.
The bloodborne pathogens standard applies to workers in many occupations, including first responders, housekeeping personnel, nurses and other healthcare personnel, laundry personnel, and many other workers who may encounter blood or OPIM in occupational settings.
Some of the benefits of HAZWOPER OSHA Online Training
Once you complete the required study time, you can take the final exam. Upon passing the final exam, you will receive an electronic OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training certificate of course completion which will be emailed to you immediately.
- Our online support is available 24/7, 365-days a year.
- Our telephone support is available Monday to Saturday 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific time).
Please reach us via:
- Email: info@HAZWOPER-OSHA.com
- Toll-free: (866) 429-6742
- Local: (310) 498-0546
Our interactive OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training course adds more value for the learner by creating a two-way dialogue and enabling a personalized, user-focused experience from start to finish. We periodically update content and add new videos, graphics, and animations to make the user experience interesting, informative, and enjoyable while keeping the safety training course content fresh and as dynamic as possible.
This OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training course is narrated by professional narrators, who KNOW how to bring their words to life in an enthusiastic, conversational tone. We firmly believe that the right voice can help elevate your learning experience.
Please click here to view the demo.
This OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training course is taken entirely online. The material can be accessed anywhere, anytime from a computer, iPad®, iPhone®, or an Android® device of your choice. All you need is a fast internet connection and access to a web browser. This training course is built using HTML 5, making it more compatible with the browser on your smartphone or another mobile device such as a tablet.
Our cloud-based Learning Management System (LMS) tracks the progress of your OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training course, allowing you to seamlessly switch between your computer and mobile device without repeating any content. You can stop training in the middle of a lesson on a computer or a mobile device and start again at that same place on another mobile device.
The core objective of the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training is to provide a basic understanding of OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030) and its regulatory requirements that help protect workers from the health hazards associated with occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM).
After completion of the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard and the Needlestick Safety and Prevention Act;
- Understand what a “pathogen” is and enlist its various types;
- Explain the modes of transmission of bloodborne infectious diseases and the related preventive measures;
- List the elements of an effective exposure control plan to prevent and minimize exposure to blood and OPIM;
- Understand the importance of using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) in the occupational settings;
- Summarize guidelines related to administration of the Hepatitis B vaccination series;
- Explain procedures related to post-exposure evaluation and follow-up; and
- Understand the step-by-step procedure for cleaning up a biological spill in the workplace.
This OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training course consists of 5 lessons. Students are required to take each lesson in sequential order as listed below.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Bloodborne Pathogens –This lesson will provide in-depth details on OSHA’s bloodborne pathogens standard and its scope as well as the purpose of the Needlestick Safety and Prevention Act. The lesson will also explain what a pathogen is, and examine the four main types – virus, bacteria, fungi, parasites.
- Lesson 2: Bloodborne Infectious Diseases –This lesson will focus on providing learners with in-depth details about modes of transmission of bloodborne pathogens in occupational settings, define hepatitis and its types as well as symptoms and preventive measures to be adopted. HIV/AIDS, transmission methods, and symptoms will also be discussed.
- Lesson 3: Exposure Control Plan –This lesson will provide details of a written exposure control plan for occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens as required by OSHA. The lesson will also describe the various exposure control strategies such as engineering controls and the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) that can be used to prevent and minimize employee exposure to bloodborne pathogens in the workplace.
- Lesson 4: Vaccination and Post-Exposure Follow-up – This lesson will deliver a basic understanding of an employer’s Hepatitis B vaccination program, summarize the guidelines to administer the Hepatitis B vaccination series, and focus on the procedures to follow in case of an exposure incident and the relevant follow-up guidelines.
- Lesson 5: Emergency Response and Training – This last lesson will outline a generic emergency response plan for biological spills in the workplace and explain the procedures for storage and transport of biohazard wastes. The lesson will guide learners on OSHA’s training requirements for workers exposed to blood and OPIM, and OSHA’s recordkeeping requirements related to bloodborne pathogens.
This OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training course is designed by OSHA Certified Outreach Trainers and is updated and reviewed as soon as new requirements or regulations are released by OSHA, EPA, DOT, and other regulatory agencies. The course meets and exceeds the compliance requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1030 regulations.
There are no prerequisites for the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training course.
Course Completion Certification
Once the course is completed, you will immediately be able to download, print, or save your OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training Certificate in PDF format.
A Final Note
It is important to remember that attending this OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training course on its own will not make a worker competent. Competence is developed over time by implementing the knowledge acquired through a training course to on-the-job work processes. Therefore, in addition to this course, it is important that you receive additional on-site training from your employer.
As an employer, do you want to train your employees as a team? Do your employees want to learn from a qualified instructor?
HAZWOPER OSHA offers customized group instructor-led training (ILT). We facilitate virtual training for groups of all sizes, led by OSHA-authorized trainers who guide individuals through key topics of the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training as per OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030).
We can customize this OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training course with your workplace-specific requirements so you can quickly and easily meet your workplace safety and health training goals.
Rates for the ILT course depends on the number of participants and changes required (if any) to the course content.
Email (email@example.com) or call (1-866-429-6742) us with the:
- Course(s) of your choice,
- Preferred date for scheduling the training, and
- Number of employees expected to be trained.
To learn more about group instructor-led training, click here.
We will get you a quote within 24 Hours!
In-Person Group Training
- Course(s) of your choice,
- Preferred date(s) for the training,
- Location for the training, and
- Number of expected participants.
For more information about in-person on-site safety training, click here.
We will get you a quote within 24 Hours!
‘Large corporations often operate and manage in-house learning management systems (LMS).’
We understand this statement and are ready to support employers in fulfilling their safety training goals by providing you with SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004 compatible safety training course files.
If you are in search of SCORM compliant safety training courses developed in compliance with OSHA, HAZWOPER, NFPA 70E, DOT Hazmat, and RCRA safety regulations, then you are at the right place!
As experts in the field of safety training, we at HAZWOPER OSHA Training are aware of the various methods employers use to train their employees. Therefore, we are prepared to develop customized SCORM packages to suit your organization’s safety training needs. As such, we can convert this online OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training course into a SCORM package to enable you to train your employees using your company’s LMS, making training accessible and hassle-free.
For information on rates, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (1-866-429-6742) us, and we will get you a quote within 24 Hours!
To learn more about SCORM Packages, click here.