OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training
In accordance with Federal OSHA Regulations 29 CFR 1926 Subpart L
"I am very happy with this training program. It gave me a lot to think about as I begin my work on a building construction site where I will be working on scaffolding for the first time in my career."
Ethan Collins, Construction Worker
"This was a very comprehensive course of scaffolding safety. I’ve not come across another one that gives this much information. I also enjoyed the training videos used to explain some of the more important points."
Devin Williams, Scaffolding Safety Supervisor
"The scaffolding safety training course gives a good overview of the hazards relating to working on scaffolding and the precautions that workers must take to ensure their safety. "
Dennis Meryl, Scaffolder
OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training is designed to provide general information and guidelines to employees involved in erecting, disassembling, moving, operating, repairing, maintaining, or inspecting scaffolds in compliance with OSHA’s Scaffolds Standard for the Construction industry as codified in 29 CFR 1926 Subpart L.
Scaffolding is a temporary structure used in many industries for performing work operations at elevated levels. While scaffolding is a common method used for working at heights; incorrect use, design, and other engineering faults can result in worker injuries and fatalities due to falls from heights, falling objects, electrocution, or collapsed scaffolds.
As per OSHA regulations, employers must ensure that each employee who performs work on a scaffold is trained by a qualified person to recognize the hazards associated with the type of scaffold being used and to understand the procedures to control or minimize those hazards.
Some of the benefits of HAZWOPER OSHA Online Training
Once you complete the required study time, you can take the final exam. Upon passing the final exam, you will receive an electronic OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training certificate of course completion which will be emailed to you immediately.
- Our online support is available 24/7, 365-days a year.
- Our telephone support is available Monday to Saturday 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific time).
Please reach us via:
- Email: info@HAZWOPER-OSHA.com
- Toll-free: (866) 429-6742
- Local: (310) 498-0546
Our interactive OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course adds more value for the learner by creating a two-way dialogue and enabling a personalized, user-focused experience from start to finish. We periodically update content and add new videos, graphics, and animations to make the user experience interesting, informative, and enjoyable while keeping the safety training course content fresh and as dynamic as possible.
This OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course is narrated by professional narrators, who know how to bring their words to life in an enthusiastic, conversational tone. We firmly believe that the right voice can help elevate your learning experience.
You can click here to view a demo.
This OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course is taken entirely online. The material can be accessed anywhere, anytime from a computer, iPad®, iPhone®, or an Android® device of your choice. All you need is a fast internet connection and access to a web browser. All our training courses are built using HTML 5, making it more compatible with the browser on your smartphone or another mobile device such as a tablet.
Our cloud-based learning management system (LMS) tracks your progress, which means you can seamlessly switch between different devices during your OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training without losing any progress. This means you can stop training in the middle of a lesson on your iPad® and resume your OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training on your iPhone® without missing a step.
As our safety training courses are self-paced, you can complete OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training at your convenience, moving through training content as quickly or slowly as you like.
The core objective of the OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course is to provide a basic understanding of OSHA’s scaffolding regulations for the construction industry as specified in 29 CFR 1926 Subpart L. The course will also examine the hazards associated with working on or around scaffolding, and the general requirements for the safe use of these elevated work platforms.
After completion of the OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course, the learner will be able to:
- Define a scaffold and its two basic types;
- List the hazards associated with the use of scaffolding on a worksite;
- Outline OSHA specifications pertaining to scaffold load capacity;
- Summarize the four important considerations for scaffold planking;
- Explain the general and specific requirements for construction of scaffold platforms;
- Discuss the training requirements for users, erectors, and dismantlers of scaffolds;
- Discuss OSHA standards for maintaining a safe distance between scaffolding and overhead power lines; and
- Summarize OSHA regulations relating to fall protection and falling object protection for employees working on or around scaffolds.
- Lesson 1: Scaffolding – An Overview– This lesson will distinguish between the two basic types of scaffolds – suspended scaffolds and supported scaffolds, list the hazards associated with the use of scaffolding on a worksite, explain and outline the responsibilities of a competent person, and a qualified person, and describe the three groups of workers who work with scaffolds.
- Lesson 2: General Requirements for Scaffolding– This lesson will focus on OSHA’s specific regulations for scaffold load capacity, explain the general and specific requirements of scaffold platform construction, summarize the four important considerations for scaffold planking, and discuss the worker training requirements for users, erectors, and dismantlers of scaffolds.
- Lesson 3: Safe Access and Fall Protection– This lesson will summarize employer responsibilities for providing employees with safe access to scaffolds, explain work practices and procedures for the safe use of scaffolding, discuss OSHA standards for maintaining a safe distance between scaffolding and overhead power lines, and summarize OSHA regulations relating to fall protection and falling object protection for employees working on or around scaffolds.
- Lesson 4: Requirements for Specific Types of Scaffolds– This lesson will provide in-depth details of the two basic types of scaffolds - suspension scaffolds and supported scaffolds, and the general requirements for their use. Additionally, learners will be able to define the two basic categories of scaffolds, describe an aerial lift and the general requirements for its use, and define a scissor lift and explain how it is different from an aerial lift.
This OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course is designed by OSHA Certified Outreach Trainers and is updated and reviewed as new requirements or regulations are issued by OSHA, the EPA, the DOT, and other regulatory authorities, as relevant. The OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course meets and exceeds the compliance requirements of OSHA’s Scaffolding Regulations for the Construction Industry as codified in 29 CFR 1926 Subpart L.
OSHA Safety Training Certification
Once the OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course is completed, you will immediately be able to download, save, or print your Course Completion Certificate in PDF format.
There are no prerequisites for this OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training.
A Final Note
It is important to remember that attending a training course on its own will not make a worker competent. Competence is developed over time by implementing the knowledge acquired through a training course to on-the-job work processes. Therefore, in addition to this online course, it is important that you receive additional on-site training from your employer.
As an employer, do you want to train your employees as a team? Do your employees want to learn from a qualified instructor?
HAZWOPER OSHA offers customized group instructor-led training (ILT). We facilitate virtual training for groups of all sizes, led by OSHA-authorized trainers who guide individuals through the key topics of the OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training as per OSHA’s Scaffolds Standard for the Construction Industry, 29 CFR 1926 Subpart L.
We can customize this OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course with your workplace-specific requirements so you can quickly and easily meet your workplace safety and health training goals.
Rates for the ILT OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course are dependent on the number of participants and changes required (if any) to the course content.
- Course(s) of your choice,
- Preferred date for scheduling the training, and
- Number of employees expected to be trained.
We will get you a quote within 24 Hours!
To learn more about group instructor-led training, click here.
‘Large corporations often operate and manage in-house learning management systems (LMS).’
We understand this statement and are ready to support employers in fulfilling their safety training goals by providing you with SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004 compatible safety training course files.
If you are in search of SCORM-compliant safety training courses developed in compliance with OSHA, HAZWOPER, NFPA 70E, DOT Hazmat, and RCRA safety regulations, then you are at the right place!
As experts in the field of safety training, we at HAZWOPER OSHA Training are aware of the various methods employers use to train their employees. Therefore, we are prepared to develop customized SCORM packages to suit your organization’s safety training needs. As such, we can convert this online OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course into a SCORM package to enable you to train your employees using your company’s LMS, making training accessible and hassle-free.
To learn more about SCORM Packages, click here.
- This OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course is designed to provide general information and guidelines to employees involved in erecting, dismantling, moving, operating, repairing, maintaining, or inspecting scaffolds in the construction industry.
- Safety professionals, project managers, foremen, scaffolding supervisors, and other personnel who work on scaffolds and want to know more about scaffolding safety would also benefit from enrolling in this OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course.
- This OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course provides a basic understanding of OSHA’s scaffolding regulations as cited in 29 CFR 1926 Subpart L.
- The course also examines the hazards associated with working on or around scaffolding, and the general requirements for the safe use of these elevated work platforms.
- The training requirements for users, erectors, and dismantlers of scaffolds are also covered.
Federal OSHA recommends that employers shall provide a training program for each employee who might be exposed to hazards when working on or around scaffolding. OSHA regulations require retraining for employees whenever the employer has reason to believe that an employee lacks the skill or understanding needed for safe work involving the erection, use, or dismantling of scaffolds.
Some states with OSHA state plans may have more stringent re-training or refresher training requirements. Please check with the relevant state authorities or your employer for specific details.
This same OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course can be used for re-training/refresher training purposes.
Please Note: OSHA does not specify how often someone needs to attend this training. Therefore, refresher training is at the employer’s discretion and may be required if there are regulatory changes.
Yes, this OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course is designed to comply with OSHA’s initial and refresher training requirements for employees involved in erecting, dismantling, moving, operating, repairing, maintaining, or inspecting scaffolds in the construction industry.
Once you pass the final examination of the OSHA Scaffolding Safety Training course, you will immediately be able to download and print your course completion certificate in PDF format.