OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training
In accordance with Federal OSHA Regulations 29 CFR 1910.1200
"The course was designed well. I especially enjoyed the animated videos which was a good teaching tool."
Jose Travin, Hazardous Waste Chemist
"Good information in the course and the digital platform was easy to navigate."
Daria Orlando, Supervisor for a Chemical Manufacturing Plant
"I enjoyed this training course. It was interesting and most importantly I found it to offer great value for the money I spent!"
Pete D. Evans, Working in Transportation of Chemicals
"I loved the large pictograms that were used to clearly show us the different elements of the safety data sheets."
Maya Moor, Chemical Analyst
OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training is designed to educate workers who use hazardous chemicals in their workplaces, as well as workers engaged in the manufacture, storage, import, and transportation of hazardous chemicals.
OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200) was aligned with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) in 2012. The updated standard provides workers with the “right to know” as well as the “right to understand” the hazards of the chemicals they work with and the appropriate protective measures when using, handling, or working around chemicals in their workplaces.
The underlying aim of this OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training is to provide an overview of the changes made to OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard including the updated label elements and Safety Data Sheet format in alignment with the GHS. Learners will also be able to grasp how to read labels and locate pertinent information in the various sections of the Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
Some of the benefits of HAZWOPER OSHA Online Training
Once you complete the required study time, you can take the final exam. Upon passing the final exam, you will receive an electronic OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training certificate of course completion which will be emailed to you immediately.
- Our online support is available 24/7, 365-days a year.
- Our telephone support is available Monday to Saturday 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific time).
Please reach us via:
- Email: info@HAZWOPER-OSHA.com
- Toll-free: (866) 429-6742
- Local: (310) 498-0546
Our interactive OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course adds more value for the learner by creating a two-way dialogue and enabling a personalized, user-focused experience from start to finish. We periodically update content and add new videos, graphics, and animations to make the user experience interesting, informative, and enjoyable while keeping the safety training course content fresh and as dynamic as possible.
This OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course is narrated by professional narrators, who KNOW how to bring their words to life in an enthusiastic, conversational tone. We firmly believe that the right voice can help elevate your learning experience.
You can click here to view a demo.
This OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course is taken entirely online. The material can be accessed anywhere, anytime from a computer, iPad®, iPhone®, or an Android® device of your choice. All you need is a fast internet connection and access to a web browser. All our training courses are built using HTML 5, making it more compatible with the browser on your smartphone or another mobile device such as a tablet.
Our cloud-based learning management system (LMS) tracks your progress, which means you can seamlessly switch between different devices during your OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training without losing any progress. This means you can stop training in the middle of a lesson on your iPad and resume your OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training on your iPhone without missing a step.
As our safety training courses are self-paced, you can complete your OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training at your convenience, moving through training content as quickly or slowly as you like.
The core objective of the OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training is to familiarize workers with the provisions of the updated OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) including chemical classification, labeling, Safety Data Sheets (SDSs), and worker training programs in alignment with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS).
After completing the OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS);
- Define the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) and its purpose;
- Discuss the major changes made to the HCS to align with the GHS;
- Discuss the responsibilities of chemical manufactures and downstream users under the HCS;
- Identify the physical hazards and health hazards of chemicals;
- Recognize the label elements required by the HCS for containers of hazardous chemicals;
- Explain how the requirements of HCS differ from other workplace labeling systems; and
- Identify information specified in each of the 16 sections of the Safety Data Sheet.
- Lesson 1: OSHA HCS Aligned with the GHS– This lesson will focus on the specific requirements of the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) and how its alignment with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) has resulted in enhanced protection for American workers from potential chemical exposures. The lesson will also outline the responsibilities of chemical manufacturers and downstream users under the HCS.
- Lesson 3: Chemical Labels– This lesson will explain the requirements for utilizing the standardized hazard information (such as HCS pictograms and U.S. Department of Transportation labels) on every chemical to make it easy for handlers to access critical information in the workplace. The lesson will also describe in detail the different elements of hazardous chemical labels and other considerations in the workplace. Summary information on the differences between hazard ratings under the HCS and other labeling systems such as the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Hazardous Materials Identification System (HMIS) is also included.
This OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course is designed by OSHA Certified Outreach Trainers and is updated and reviewed as soon as new requirements or regulations are issued by OSHA, the EPA, the DOT, and other regulatory authorities, as relevant. The OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course meets and exceeds the compliance requirements of OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200.
OSHA Safety Training Certification
Once the OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course is completed, you will immediately be able to download, save, or print your Course Completion Certificate in PDF format.
There are no prerequisites for this OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course.
A FINAL NOTE
It is important to remember that attending a training course on its own will not make a worker competent. Competence is developed over time by implementing the knowledge acquired through a training course to on-the-job work processes. Therefore, in addition to this online course, it is important that you receive additional on-site training from your employer.
As an employer, do you want to train your employees as a team? Do your employees want to learn from a qualified instructor?
HAZWOPER OSHA offers customized group instructor-led training (ILT). We facilitate virtual training for groups of all sizes, led by OSHA-authorized trainers who guide individuals through the key topics of the OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training as per 29 CFR 1910.1200 regulations.
We can customize this OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course with your workplace-specific requirements so you can quickly and easily meet your workplace safety and health training goals.
Rates for the ILT OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course is dependent on the number of participants and changes required (if any) to the course content.
- Course(s) of your choice,
- Preferred date for scheduling the training, and
- Number of employees expected to be trained.
We will get you a quote within 24 Hours!
To learn more about group instructor-led training, click here.
‘Large corporations often operate and manage in-house learning management systems (LMS).’
We understand this statement and are ready to support employers in fulfilling their safety training goals by providing you with SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004 compatible safety training course files.
If you are in search of SCORM compliant safety training courses developed in compliance with OSHA, HAZWOPER, NFPA 70E, DOT Hazmat, and RCRA safety regulations, then you are at the right place!
As experts in the field of safety training, we at HAZWOPER OSHA Training are aware of the various methods employers use to train their employees. Therefore, we are prepared to develop customized SCORM packages to suit your organization’s safety training needs. As such, we can convert this online OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course into a SCORM package to enable you to train your employees using your company’s LMS, making training accessible and hassle-free.
To learn more about SCORM Packages, click here.
- As an integral aspect of workers’ “right to know” and “right to understand” the hazards of the chemicals they work with, all employees across industries who use, handle, or work with or around chemicals must understand the hazards associated with the various chemicals in their workplaces and the best practices for staying safe.
- All workers engaged in the manufacture, import, and transportation of hazardous chemicals.
- According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200):
“Employers shall provide employees with effective information and training on hazardous chemicals in their work area at the time of their initial assignment, and whenever a new chemical hazard the employees have not previously been trained about is introduced into their work area.”
- OSHA does not indicate specific requirements for annual refresher training.
- Some states may require employers to train employees annually. Please check with the relevant state authorities or your employer.
- This same OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training can be used for re-training/refresher training purposes.
- The underlying aim of this OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training is to provide an overview of the changes made to OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard including the updated label elements and Safety Data Sheet format in alignment with the GHS.
- Workers will also gain an understanding on how to read SDSs and the various hazard warning labels.
- Look at the syllabus tab for a complete list of topics and subject areas covered by this OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course.
Renewal is possible by taking this OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course again, as needed.
Please Note: OSHA does not specify how often someone needs to attend this training. Therefore, refresher training is at the employer’s discretion and may be required if there are regulatory changes.
Once you pass the final examination of the OSHA Hazard Communication with GHS Training course, you will immediately be able to download and print your course completion certificate in PDF format.